Wednesday, August 6, 2008

more than conquerors

As I said last day, I will post some inspirational notes I have jot down last Sunday on our joint service at Church in line with our Lord’s Supper.. entitled “MORE THAN CONQUERORS”, Ptr. Joe (our speaker) directly pointed out the main target and it’s a breather for me and a realization point as I ponder on the past week I have lived wherein as I have shared, is one of the darkest moment I experienced in my life. It’s a slap for me to wake up and start fixing my life according to His own will.

Title: MORE THAN CONQUERORS
Text: Romans 8:26-39

Speaker: PTR. JOE DE GUZMAN

So, here’s the memorable lines:
  • God wants to remind us today that He did not create us to limp through life, defeated and being knocked down by the devil, by our circumstances, by our enemies, or anything else. We were made to win - and not just by a narrow margin but convincingly, we are not just victors but more than conquerors.
  • The Holy Spirit is our prayer partner. Many times we do not really know or realize where we would like to take to the Lord. There is Someone who can express our thoughts and desires clearly.
  • God is in control of the events of our lives. If our hearts are yielded to God, nothing bad can ever happen to us. We are not saying that nothing unpleasant can ever happen, or nothing irritating can ever happen, or nothing sad can ever happen, these are facts of life. But when they happen, God has promised to work them for our good… for our benefit.
    ROMANS 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good, to those who love God and to those who are called according to His purpose.
  • We are surrounded by God’s inseparable love. This is confirmed by statements written by Apostle Paul in Romans 8:31

----- If God is for us, who can be against us? -------

It’s so comforting talaga knowing you’re not alone and that There is Someone who will always guide and love you no matter what. This is the sweetest promise anyone has ever given me, a promise so easy to hang on to and believe in so much. :)

No comments: