Thursday, September 15, 2011

oprah.



she's amazing.

i'm watching the surprise spectacular, the star studded finale episode of the oprah winfrey show and i'm having goosebumps. oh my gosh, i can't stop my tears! really, she's an institution already, a history, and an inspiration. hands down. through watching different youtube videos of her shows, i learned one disturbing story of her past that made her a strong woman that she is now..


just like this youtube video i found, it chronicles the twenty five years of oprah in the television scene and how millions of people's lives have been touched by her strong words of affirmations. 






"Somewhere I’ve always known that I was born for greatness in my life, somewhere I’ve always felt it."

"I've been left with a 19 year-old cousin and... he raped me. I went into the fifth grade that fall and I remember Maria Gonzales on the playground telling me how babies came into the world and how you make babies. So I went through the entire fifth grade everyday thinking 'I’m gonna have a baby..'"

"So that’s why I weep... for the lost innocence, I weep for that because you’re never the same again, you’re never the same."


~
it broke my heart when i heard it from her. :( she's only 9 when she's raped and it's too painful to hear. that's why she is so effective in her tv show because she's been through so many setbacks in life yet she knew deep inside her that she's born for greatness so she went through all that setbacks and learned from it. i know she won't be amazing if she hadn't experienced all these awful things.. that's why she will always be an inspiration and aspiration in my life forever.


learning these things about oprah's personal life, it reminded me of this blog entry from my forever peg in life bianca gonzalez:




oprah already found the answer but i still don't have mine. maybe someday i will be able to share my answer. :)


for the meantime, let's all unite in saying that oprah is truly phenomenal.



No comments: