Friday, December 9, 2011

Saved in Order to Do Good

1 Remind the people to be subject to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready to do whatever is good, 2 to slander no one, to be peaceable and considerate, and always to be gentle toward everyone.

3 At one time we too were foolish, disobedient, deceived and enslaved by all kinds of passions and pleasures. We lived in malice and envy, being hated and hating one another. 4 But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, 5 he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, 6 whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7 so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life. 8 This is a trustworthy saying. And I want you to stress these things, so that those who have trusted in God may be careful to devote themselves to doing what is good. These things are excellent and profitable for everyone.


My silent moment/devotion with the Lord last night have these passages in the Bible. I was moved by the intensity of what God wants us to do as Christians. It made me realize that we have big responsibilities for our actions and the way we handle ourselves with other people around us. Then I realized I'm not so gentle and considerate anymore, that I get really impatient towards everyone who are so slow to talk and think. I realized, too, that my kind of work had left me jaded and unkind. I'm not the same anymore. I am jaded already? At this early age? I've still got a long way to go and it feels like I'm getting tired already. So these realizations made me really think of taking charge of what I really want to happen in my life. Next year will be now or never so I will really make all my dreams happen. Jesus never saved me to be unhappy with my life. He wants me to have eternal hope and to do good to others so before I get really burned with the things that make me sad, I'm breaking free. I'm now sure of this. I can do this. We can do this. Just thinking about this big decision I am going to make makes me happy now. It only shows that what I'm planning is the right thing. So dear Lord, I know You'll always support me. So thank You in advance. =)



~



Anyways, while I'm reading my Bible last night, I heard Stacie Orrico's Everything and it made me think, "uy sakto sa akin to ah. :P" The song is full of hope and faith towards the plan of God in her life when it comes to the person she is going to marry. It's like she really trusted God in that area of her life and I want the same for me just like everybody else. Nakaka-inspire. :)


Nagpapaka-soft na naman. Yihee. =)







Stacie Orrico - Everything. ♥

I said a prayer
That someday I would find a boy
And together we’d find joy
Maybe someday
And he would care
About the color of the sky
About the things that make me cry
Maybe someday

And if it happens this is what I’d say:

And I will give you my life
Together we’ll make it right
And I will say to you
What is for sure
That I’ll give you my world
And baby I’ll be your girl
And I will say to you
Everything I have is yours

I wonder if
If God has shown him
He is the one whose gonna marry me
Maybe someday
So, I’m gonna wait
‘Cause I’m worth waiting for
And what I’m worth is so much more
For that someday

And if it happens this is what I’d say…

No comments: