Friday, December 2, 2011

My heart was saying, “Lord, take away this longing, or give me that for which I long.” The Lord was answering, “I must teach you to long for something better. 
- Elisabeth Elliot (Passion and Purity)



To long for something or someone better is His will in our lives. We shouldn't really settle for anything less than we deserve because He bought us at such a high price. We don't deserve people who will only play games with our emotions, who will not value our trust, and who will not take really good care of our fragile heart. 


Maybe the reason why this certain thing is happening in my life is because I need to put up firm standards with people I choose to welcome in my life.  I was really looking forward in the holiday season because I'm expecting that something exciting will soon unfold but unfortunately someone already blew it away. At this early stage. Behind all these things, I realize that happiness can be stolen big time through online evils. Such pathetic move. I really don't know why they do that. 


But having weathered same situations in the past, I know I can get on with this issue once more. I know that I am now a strong woman and I can handle all these setbacks in my life with grace and confidence. My holiday looks a little gloomy from where I am right now but hopefully with God's grace, I'll be okay on the Christmas day itself.



(ps: i miss this kind of rants ha? i seriously needed this thing once in a while to avoid mental madness. :p)




No comments: